Saturday, July 14, 2007

Van Gogh Tribute



One of my greatest influences as an artist is Vincent Van Gogh. I also have a love for churches and temples. My former home in Salt Lake was only 3 blocks away from the Salt Lake Temple. The mountains are also something to behold. I felt obligated to try to pay homage to the man and the religiously inspired painting Starry Night. There is alot of varying thick applications of paint contrasted by smooth clean strokes. I placed a flower to bring more distance but also to represent the life that flourishes despite the emptiness of the dessert. When we are having rough times in life and we feel alone there's always something above us that we can look to for inspiration and hope.


-Ryan Daley


(Displayed Private Collection T. Bernhard & M. Bernhard)

No comments: